Skip to main content

How do I know if it is a job scam?




If you are a stay at home mom looking to work from home or anyone looking to make money from home READ THIS. Recently I have been looking for some jobs online where you are an employee rather than an independent contractor & for one that does training at home. I haven’t really had any luck but here is the thing I started joining stay at home moms and work from home groups on Facebook. Tried some networking. In these groups members are supposed to post legitimate job opportunities that allow people to work from home except all I am getting is scams or apps that promise to pay you but they are rebate apps, so you have to spend money to get money back or sometimes they are paying to refer others.

This post contains affiliate links. I am an amazon associate. I earn from qualifying purchases. 

  I was presented with a majority of opportunities that seemed way to good to be true or even jobs that were more realistic who seemed to be from real companies when I googled them. In this post I will tell you how to recognize when you could potentially be being scammed for an employment opportunity and some things you should do or not do and I will post some resources that can help you work from home and how to avoid scams. Some are FREE and some are not. Like this FREE Resume Builder,CV Free Jobs


  1. Money out of your pocket: If the company is asking for money for start up costs or making you pay for training it is likely a scam. Reputable companies will not ask you for money occasionally they will take a uniform fee or other job related expenses out of your first check, but never should you have to pay someone to work for them.
  2. Google the company: Research theCompany. If there is no website it is probably a scam and if there is a web site search other details and compare to what the person is telling you. I had a woman tell me she worked for the redhatcompany. It is a legitimate company she was not legitimately their employee. https://www.redhat.com/en/jobs/recruitment-fraud  they actually had a link about recruitment fraud on their website because it happens that much.
  3. Email should be from company name: If the email is a yahoo, G-mail, or any other free email account it is most likely a scam. Usually legitimate companies have their own paid domain they will email you from that usually is @companyname.
  4. Offers without interview: As flattering as this is companies are not going to hire someone they have never met or had an actual conversation face to face with and trust them to do business with.
  5. Check scam lists:  Check the Better Business Bureau or other sites to see if they have been reported as job scammers.
  6. Work from home in title: Usually when a company puts work from home in the title it is a scam. Scammers discovered people want to work from home it is a lot more convenient and probably cheaper just with the gas money you save alone. I am not saying there are not legitimate work from home jobs posted on the internet I am just saying usually it is not apart of the title. Research first!
  7. Grammatical or spelling errors: Reputable companies are not going to email you saying. "R u looking to work from home!" They typically spell check and use proper grammar.
  8. asking for personal info: Never give out personal info such as credit cards, social security, account numbers, etc. Most likely they are trying to impersonate or rob you.
  9. Never cash a check for work you didn't do: A lot of scammers will send you a check for a lot of money asking you to deposit it into your account and send a portion to a 3rd party and keep the rest for yourself. Once you deposit it into your account and it clears you get the money, send the 3rd party their portion (probably the scammer), BAM all of a sudden the money never was there you are negative in your account and owe the bank a lot of money.
  10. Wiring Money: If a company asks you to wire them money it is likely a scam. READ #1
  11. pay is way more than position is worth: It sounds perfect like too perfect it probably is a scam. If any where else is only paying $12-$15/hr for position they are not going to start out paying you $30/hr especially not before actually meeting you and going through a formal interview process. 
Be careful I hope this helps: Resources below prices are free and up!
,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freetown state park splash pad and wading pool

Freetown state park splash pad and wading pool  The Freetown state forest splash pad and wading pool is a fenced in area with a mini wading pool about 18” deep. It has a mushroom 🍄 in the middle of the pool and  jets on the side. It is completely fenced in area with life guards on duty. . Note hours are from 9:30 am - 6:00 pm They do a 20-30 minute shut down at 12 noon and a 45 minute shut down at 2 pm. Address:110 Slab bridge rd, Assonet  MA 02702 This is a seasonal place open from Memorial Day to Labor Day varies year to year. Check the website to make sure. It’s best to go when they open at 9:30 because sometimes they get full and can not allow more people to enter until their next shut down There are grassy areas for blankets with trees and canopy’s for shade. The whole area is fenced in and out side of the fence is picnic tables and grills you can have a picnic at. There is also a bathroom outside of the fence. It is definitely a good time. Bo...

wedding

My dad got married this past weekend  I made him and his new wife this. They both have everything for their home and they didn't have a wedding registry. I didn't want to give them money it seemed boring so I made them this I have never cross stitched before. I think my dad really liked it. There wedding was in a cute little town in Maine. Called Wells! It was adorable they got married on a little Boardwalk on the beach.  For the first time ever I got something I wanted my whole life, sisters!!!! Aubrey and Kaylee are amazing young ladies. It was just a bonus that they both like my favorite  tv show ever, CHARMED! Haha. Seriously though they are awesome, sweet girls! The reception was held at a restaurant called Bull and Claw. Also in Wells, ME. There was steamed clams, clamchowder, salad for appetizer and I had chicken from mor my main course, my date had the lobster. Then there was. A blueberry cobbler for dessert. Along with the cake and cupcake...

My breast feeding Experiences.

Breast Feeding. this post contains affiliate links. I amazon associate and earn from qualifying purchases. buy your nipple beanie in my  etsy shop today! When I tried breast feeding my 6 year old I was 20 and probably way to young to have children. I wasn't a teenager but I didn't have much established. I was living in Colorado mostly with different people. No where I could actually provide a safe and stable environment to raise a child. So I then moved to Missouri and planned to stay there with a very supportive, loving, kind family. I decided not to after a month or so and my bestfriend flew to St. Louis and came and got me and I moved back into my Mother's house. I delivered my first child in Brockton MA. My mom did not breast feed me. I didn't really know how to and I tried to but I gave up very easily. He was formula fed. Now I am 26 years old. I have a daughter who will be 3 months old on the 11th of June. She is exclusively breast fed. I am go...