Skip to main content

Spring time wreath

So This weekend I went to a bunch of thrift stores and got some treasures. One of the things I found was a basket of decorative sunflowers. So I grabbed those because they were perfect for the spring time wreath I wanted to hang on my door.



Materials:
Decorative flowers (any kind you would like ) I chose sunflowers
Circle Styrofoam wreath or metal Coat hanger
Hot glue gun

Gather all your materials 
if using a metal coat hanger bend the bottom on it so it is shaped into a circle. 


Next you need to pick all the flowers off of their stems and remove the backings of the flower that way it will stick better to the wreath. Removing the backing separates the layers of the flowers so you  will need to use your hot glue gun and glue each layer together 

Once you remove all flowers and backings and glue all layers together you can now begin gluing your flowers on the wreath. I like to arrange my flowers to see how they fit before I just start gluing but that is completely up to you. 


I glued down the wreath with just the sunflowers and little white flowers but It still looked kind of plain so I pulled off the fake leaves and glued them down as well. It looked more full . Then it was ready to hang on my door for everyone to see. 



watch the video here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wedding

My dad got married this past weekend  I made him and his new wife this. They both have everything for their home and they didn't have a wedding registry. I didn't want to give them money it seemed boring so I made them this I have never cross stitched before. I think my dad really liked it. There wedding was in a cute little town in Maine. Called Wells! It was adorable they got married on a little Boardwalk on the beach.  For the first time ever I got something I wanted my whole life, sisters!!!! Aubrey and Kaylee are amazing young ladies. It was just a bonus that they both like my favorite  tv show ever, CHARMED! Haha. Seriously though they are awesome, sweet girls! The reception was held at a restaurant called Bull and Claw. Also in Wells, ME. There was steamed clams, clamchowder, salad for appetizer and I had chicken from mor my main course, my date had the lobster. Then there was. A blueberry cobbler for dessert. Along with the cake and cupcake...

Freetown state park splash pad and wading pool

Freetown state park splash pad and wading pool  The Freetown state forest splash pad and wading pool is a fenced in area with a mini wading pool about 18” deep. It has a mushroom 🍄 in the middle of the pool and  jets on the side. It is completely fenced in area with life guards on duty. . Note hours are from 9:30 am - 6:00 pm They do a 20-30 minute shut down at 12 noon and a 45 minute shut down at 2 pm. Address:110 Slab bridge rd, Assonet  MA 02702 This is a seasonal place open from Memorial Day to Labor Day varies year to year. Check the website to make sure. It’s best to go when they open at 9:30 because sometimes they get full and can not allow more people to enter until their next shut down There are grassy areas for blankets with trees and canopy’s for shade. The whole area is fenced in and out side of the fence is picnic tables and grills you can have a picnic at. There is also a bathroom outside of the fence. It is definitely a good time. Bo...

is my passion profitable?

In this day and age with the amount of technology and resources the average person has at their finger tips, We can turn anything into profit ! I'm not saying it will happen over night you will have to work at it of corse. Nothing that is worth it is easy. I promise you YOU CAN DO IT! this post contains affiliate links. I am an amazon associate  If I could I would sit at home all day crocheting and knitting like an old lady. I would sew and craft until my fingers bled. I love to be creative and make well everything and anything (or at least try to). It is my passion. Unfortunately crafting takes a lot of t ime (time and so far hasn't been as lucrative for me as I wanted it to be by now. I am not giving up. I am just taking a little break. I have a 2 month old and a 6 year old. I am not working and my boyfriend is paying for everything and it has been very tight. I appreciate him for doing this but I don't like not working. I also feel like the financial responsibil...